12/29/2008

Casa Ti is a Casa for Me!

Okay after looking for what seems like forever, I think I have found a house plan compatible with our needs to start out with. I say start out with, because we have several outbuilding we will need, like an office for John and a Brewhaus/kitchen (more on this one later:). Since we want a smaller house and one built as "green" as possible, yet able to act as a homestead, I've had trouble finding a design that met our budget. I couldn't see hiring an arcitect to draw up a "formal" copy of my plans for a hefty price tag. So I was thrilled to run across Green Modern Kits last week. With a few modifications to the Casa Ti, we need to have the bathroom moved I think, and the addition of a pantry/laundry/mudroom, we will be in business. Um...now we just need to find the perfect piece of land to put it on. Better get back to "Homestead Shopping."

No comments: