11/02/2008

Preps

Funny how my first post is a to-do/buy list. John will laugh at that for sure, since I'm a HUGE list maker. Over the past few months we have begun to get serious about preparing for the future. I will follow up with more posts about the economy, peak oil, and the enviroment, but for now this is a quick list to keep track of what I'm still working on accquiring before the year is out.

*More canning supplies. I have a pressure cooker, but it is missing some parts so I need to get more and increase my mason jar stash.

* seeds. The seed site I want to order from just opened back up so I will likely pick those up this week.

*kill-o-watt meter
* solar battery charger
*more wool stuffing
*start purchasing yarn, my fabric stash is healthy:)
*gravity water filter
* water proof matches
*good sleeping bags
*a tent

A few of my favorite bloggers:)
www.chrismartenson.com
www.sharonastyk.com

No comments: